The topic today is mental health in the home.
This topic is increasingly being talked about now, I see why. More and more people are coming out to talk about how ignoring mental issues can affect a person.
I am not a social worker or a counselor, but I’m human, I’m a friend, a sister and a daughter e.t.c. but I’ve learnt Mental issues can really get the best of you.
I grew up seeing people around me dealing with things, not getting a break, just Dealing and moving on. I have seen people die because of mental issues.
So over the years, I have learnt that:
1. I will not ignore things that bother me
2. I will not judge anyone for dealing with situations differently from how I would.
3. I will care enough for people around me but not too much to suffocate them.
4. I will accept help and advice because I don’t know it all and google does not always have the answers (debatable)
5. I will not take on more than I can manage
6. I will be honest with myself and those around me
7. I will take time to pause and reflect n whether I am ok, sometimes we hide it even from ourselves.
8. I will make provide a safe space for people who want to talk, sometimes you just want to talk that’s it.
9. I will be mindful of my interactions with children because I understand that what you say or not say can make or break them.
10. I will do my best not to allow peer pressure to get the best of me.
These are the lessons could think of now.